from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of destroying or inhibiting the growth of microorganisms: antimicrobial drugs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. tending to destroy or capable of destroying microbes
- adj. inhibiting the growth of microbes
- adj. preventing or counteracting the pathogenic action of microbes
- n. an agent that destroys microbes, inhibits their growth, or prevents or counteracts their pathogenic action
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of destroying or inhibiting the growth of disease-causing microorganisms
- n. an agent (as heat or radiation or a chemical) that destroys microorganisms that might carry disease
Sorry, no etymologies found.