American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A flexible sheath, usually made of thin rubber or latex, designed to cover the penis during sexual intercourse for contraceptive purposes or as a means of preventing sexually transmitted diseases.
- n. A similar device, consisting of a loose-fitting polyurethane sheath closed at one end, that is inserted intravaginally before sexual intercourse. Also called female condom.
- n. A flexible sleeve made of latex or other impermeable material such as sheepskin, worn over an erect penis during intercourse as a contraceptive or as a way to prevent the spread of STDs.
- n. contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
- Unknown. Many theories exist. See Italian guantone, from guanto ("a glove") (Wiktionary)
- Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The word condom reminds me again that I need to get in and get on the pill.”
“Italy's leading daily paper Corriere della Sera said the intervention by Mr Balduzzi, a practising Catholic, showed "that in Italy in 2011 the word condom is still taboo".”
“I think it shows commendable forethought .... the condom is a good idea too”
“Or shall we go back to the point where the victim who asks her agressor to use a condom is accused of consent as a result?”
“Reports that the health minister in Mario Monti's new government banned Italian state radio from using of the word "condom" in a series of programmes to mark World Aids Day have outraged HIV campaigners.”
“Bringing up the word "condom" could cost a teacher his job.”
“And the sad reality, to tell them slap on a condom is not --”
“And yes, I would teach them that packing a condom is much more important than abstaining fromsex.”
“I seriously doubt that the goal of any education would be to tell people what a condom is or that it can be used.”
“And they won't really bat an eyelash if someone uses the word condom in front of them.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘condom’.
words describing the sexual parts of life
These are all names of real places. The focus is on towns, mountains, rivers etc. but I will consider streets. Streets are even wackier so if there's enough good'uns ... yep, another list :-)
Weird places all over the world mainly in sweden
Funny phrases uttered by children who may or may not have been me...please help me build this list!
Looking for tweets for condom.