American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to perception: perceptive faculties.
- adj. Having the ability to perceive; keen in discernment.
- adj. Marked by discernment and understanding; sensitive.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the act or power of perceiving; having the faculty of perceiving; consisting in perception.
- The perceptive faculties.
- adj. having or showing keenness of perception, insight, understanding, or intuition
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the act or power of perceiving; having the faculty or power of perceiving; used in perception.
- adj. of or relating to perception
- adj. having the ability to perceive or understand; keen in discernment
“The first of these movements are the reflex movements, then are developed those combinations of movements which we called perceptive or suspensive actions in keeping with perceptions.”
“Likewise less than perceptive is his harping on the “permanent campaign” that the Bush Administration supposedly waged to the detriment of “openness and forthrightness”.”
“perceptive' is the correct spelling FYI viejomalogato”
“The problem from a price tag perceptive is, can Washington afford to fund it longer when you have all of this government red ink?”
“Pierre Boulez is best known as a perceptive conductor of 20th-century music, a pioneering composer of thorny modernist works, and the powerful founder of the Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique (Ircam), one of the world's leading music research laboratories.”
“Three-and-a-half years have seemed like an interminable wait to hear the marvelous pianist Pierre-Laurent Aimard play again with the By BARBARA JEPSON Pierre Boulez is best known as a perceptive conductor of 20th-century music, a pioneering composer of thorny modernist works, and the powerful founder of the Institut de Recherche et”
“By BARBARA JEPSON Pierre Boulez is best known as a perceptive conductor of 20th-century Ravel piano concerto also a highlight By MARK STRYKER FREE PRESS Detroit Symphony Orchestra's Friday morning concert was a hot and cold affair, but when things heated up they sizzled.”
“Especially because these are the same snotty jackasses who arrogate to themselves superiority over those of us less "perceptive" folks.”
“I'd even suggest that we need to not "read" the film but view it as kind of perceptive experience intended to inspire thought.”
“Spoken like the kind of perceptive veteran that seems to populate every corner of this year's roster.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘perceptive’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
Words containing letters in sequence, together or apart, that form a definition or instance of the subsuming word. E.g., conTAmINaTe = the kangaroo word. TAINT = the joey. Theme from a NYT X-word ...
Looking for tweets for perceptive.