from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having keen eyesight.
- adj. Keenly perceptive or alert.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having quick or acute sight; -- used literally and figuratively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having quick or acute sight: as, a sharp-sighted eagle or hawk.
- Having or proceeding from quick discernment or acute understanding: as, a sharp-sighted opponent; sharp-sighted judgment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having very keen vision
- adj. keenly perceptive or alert
Sorry, no etymologies found.