American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having or showing penetrating mental discernment; clear-sighted. See Synonyms at shrewd.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- Of acute discernment.
- Synonyms Acute, shrewd, clear-sighted, sharp-witted. See astute.
- adj. figuratively Of acute discernment; having keen insight; mentally perceptive.
- adj. obsolete Able to physically see clearly; quick-sighted; sharp-sighted.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the power of seeing clearly; quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- adj. Fig.: Of acute discernment; keen.
- adj. acutely insightful and wise
- adj. mentally acute or penetratingly discerning
- First attested 1548, from Late Latin perspicācitās ("discernment"), from Latin perspicax ("sharp-sighted"), from perspiciō ("look through"), from per- ("through") + speciō ("look at"). See also perspective. (Wiktionary)
- From Latin perspicāx, perspicāc-, from perspicere, to look through; see perspective. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Regardless of the fact that you don't know what the word perspicacious means, you continue to amaze me.”
“Martin also squeezes the word "perspicacious" into his first paragraph, and drops the dime "pleonastic" later on.”
“Anyone who proselytises on behalf of the enemy in a time of war can hardly be described as 'perspicacious' regardless of their race or religion (or lack thereof).”
“I ain't got much on them elocution skillz, but I gots it on the spellin' front: "perspicacious" ;”
“Apparently my perspective is 'perspicacious'. pftp wrote: I don't have heated rhetoric, nor am I necessarily denying AGW, I have a deep distrust of people from your side of the coin.”
“David Colander is always very pungent and perspicacious in his observations about economic grad education.”
“It surely has not escaped the attention of a person as perspicacious as yourself that many prominent historians have a leftist agenda, just as a righteous few have a rightist agenda.”
“They come from a perspicacious trio, three winemakers who prioritize site selection.”
“And it was Jacob and the perspicacious Bernie Goodman who suggested the idea for The Secret History Of Science Fiction; the book is due out next month.”
“Weinstein introduced Ackman as a perspicacious investor, which he is, generally.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘perspicacious’.
Music brings silence's to raging thoughts and temperament , calm, as it is our object of definite purpose.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Collected from reading
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
Hard words level 1
Words to live by (or not)
But only the ones that I don't already know.
Looking for tweets for perspicacious.