from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or showing penetrating mental discernment; clear-sighted. See Synonyms at shrewd.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of acute discernment; having keen insight; mentally perceptive.
- adj. Able to physically see clearly; quick-sighted; sharp-sighted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the power of seeing clearly; quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- adj. Fig.: Of acute discernment; keen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Quick-sighted; sharp of sight.
- Of acute discernment.
- Synonyms Acute, shrewd, clear-sighted, sharp-witted. See astute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. acutely insightful and wise
- adj. mentally acute or penetratingly discerning
From Latin perspicāx, perspicāc-, from perspicere, to look through; see perspective.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
First attested 1548, from Late Latin perspicācitās ("discernment"), from Latin perspicax ("sharp-sighted"), from perspiciō ("look through"), from per- ("through") + speciō ("look at"). See also perspective. (Wiktionary)