American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Acuteness of perception, discernment, or understanding.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being perspicacious. Keenness or quickness of sight.
- n. Acuteness of discernment or understanding; penetration; sagacity: as, a man of great perspicacity.
- n. Synonyms Sagacity, etc. (see judgment), insight.
- n. Acute discernment or understanding; insight.
- n. The human faculty or power to mentally grasp or understand clearly.
- n. obsolete Keen eyesight.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being perspicacious; acuteness of sight or of intelligence; acute discernment.
- n. the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- n. intelligence manifested by being astute (as in business dealings)
- See etymology under perspicacious. (Wiktionary)
“When you come out of it (takes just a couple of minutes) all the fire and brimstone and luminous perspicacity is gone.”
“But here's a little fist bump for having the balls to use the word perspicacity as though you use it regularly.”
“Not a sheep: Tony "perspicacity" Blair skip to main | skip to sidebar”
“Baker, with that supernatural perspicacity which is sometimes found in stupid mothers, saw that Agatha was refusing her usual partners.”
“This characteristic, aided by the perspicacity which is bestowed upon every jealous woman, perchance enabled her to read the mysterious Sibyl with some approach to exactness.”
“Indeed the poisonous partisanship of present politics present a pernicious paradigm of parsimony preventing perspicacity from penetrating the public piazza of … of …. oh, poo!”
“I hated it when her paranoia turned to perspicacity—in other words, when she was right.”
“Because the existence of the Tibetan nation-in-exile is fragile and complex, his perspicacity and firmness have been essential in introducing such far-reaching changes.”
“Five years for Amir shows perspicacity from the ICC.”
“A notoriously difficult play is laid out before us with rare perspicacity.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘perspicacity’.
Building a list for standardized test prep or just for learning some new words! Please add any words that you feel are important for the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc...
Music brings silence's to raging thoughts and temperament , calm, as it is our object of definite purpose.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
The discovering of neuro and phago-cyte nano-engineered biology...
I enjoy collecting words, for I have no fear of them ever running out.
List of most of the words I've learned
A list of words that I stumbled upon while reading.
Looking for tweets for perspicacity.