from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Acuteness of perception, discernment, or understanding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Acute discernment or understanding; insight.
- n. The human faculty or power to mentally grasp or understand clearly.
- n. Keen eyesight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being perspicacious; acuteness of sight or of intelligence; acute discernment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being perspicacious.
- n. Acuteness of discernment or understanding; penetration; sagacity: as, a man of great perspicacity.
- n. Synonyms Sagacity, etc. (see judgment), insight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- n. intelligence manifested by being astute (as in business dealings)
See etymology under perspicacious. (Wiktionary)