from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, resembling, or constituting a hard crust or shell.
- adj. Crustacean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling a crustacean.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or of the nature of, crust or shell; having a crustlike shell.
- adj. Belonging to the Crustacea; crustacean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to crust; like crust; of the nature of a crust or shell.
- In zoology: Having a crust-like shell; belonging to the Crustacea; crustacean.
- In entomology, having a somewhat hard and elastic texture, resisting slight pressure, but not rigid: said of parts of the integument.
- In botany: Hard, thin, and brittle.
- In lichenology, forming a flat crust in or upon the substratum, and adhering to it firmly by the whole under surface, so as not to be separable without injury: applied to the thallus of lichens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being or having or resembling a hard crust or shell
- adj. of or belonging to the class Crustacea
Latin crūsta, shell; see kreus- in Indo-European roots + -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)