from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no hairs, projections, or pubescence; smooth: a glabrous scalp; glabrous leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. smooth, hairless, bald.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Smooth; having a surface without hairs or any unevenness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Smooth; having a surface devoid of hair or pubescence: used chiefly in zoölogy and botany.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having no hair or similar growth; smooth
From Latin glaber, glabr-, bald.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin glaber ("smooth, hairless, bald") (Wiktionary)