from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Restorative or stimulating, as a drug or medication.
- n. A medication used as a central nervous system stimulant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That restores or stimulates health.
- n. A restorative or stimulative medication, especially one used to overcome depression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Restorative; giving strength after disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Restoring; invigorating; giving strength after disease: as, an analeptic medicine.
- n. In medicine, a remedy which exerts a restorative or invigorating action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. stimulating the central nervous system
- n. a medication used as a stimulant to the central nervous system
Greek analēptikos, from analambanein, to take up : ana-, ana- + lambanein, lēp-, to take.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ana- + -leptic (Wiktionary)