from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to excite; stimulating.
- n. An agent or stimulus that excites; a stimulant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exciting; stimulating
- n. Something that excites or stimulates; a stimulant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to excite; exciting.
- n. An agent or influence which arouses vital activity, or produces increased action, in a living organism or in any of its tissues or parts; a stimulant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to excite; exciting.
- n. That which excites or rouses to action or increased action; specifically, in therapeutics, whatever produces, or is fitted to produce, increased action in any part of a living organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug that temporarily quickens some vital process
- adj. (of drugs e.g.) able to excite or stimulate
Sorry, no etymologies found.