from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The doctrines or philosophical system of the peripatetics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrines or philosophical system of the peripatetics. See peripatetic, n., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The philosophical doctrines of Aristotle and his followers. the philosophy of the Peripatetics. See Aristotelianism.
- n. [lowercase] The practice of walking to and fro; pedestrianism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (philosophy) the philosophy of Aristotle that deals with logic and metaphysics and ethics and poetics and politics and natural science
peripatetic + -ism. Compare French péripatétisme. (Wiktionary)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.