from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports The manner in which the feet are used or maneuvered, as in boxing or in figure skating.
- n. Work that involves moving around on foot; legwork.
- n. Informal Skillful dealing or maneuvering; tactics: "They've built a corporate empire on dazzling financial footwork” ( Christopher Farrell).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any movement of the feet, especially intricate or complex movement.
- n. The movement of a batsman's feet as he prepares to hit or evade a ball
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the manner of using the feet
- n. skillful maneuvering or dealing
foot + work (Wiktionary)