American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who skates, as on ice.
- n. One who skateboards.
- n. See water strider.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who skates.
- n. One of many different aquatic heteropterous insects with long legs which glide over the surface of water as if skating, as Gerridæ; or Hydrobatidæ, etc.
- n. A person who skates.
- n. A member of skateboarding subculture, characterized by dingy and baggy clothes, and often wallet chains.
- n. ice hockey A player who is not a goaltender.
- n. Any of numerous hemipterous insects in the family Gerridae, which run rapidly over the surface of the water, as if skating.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who skates.
- n. (Zoöl.) Any one of numerous species of hemipterous insects belonging to Gerris, Pyrrhocoris, Prostemma, and allied genera. They have long legs, and run rapidly over the surface of the water, as if skating.
- n. someone who skates
- skate + -er. (Wiktionary)
“Drop the term skater when describing someone and you might invoke a variety of reactions.”
“Every skater is wearing skates made out of cow, Weir said.”
“If an ice-skater is spinning slowly with their arms spread out, and then they pull their arms in towards them, they will begin to spin much faster … this time, informally, we could say that slower ‘wide spinning’ has been transformed into faster ‘narrow spinning’.”
“I like to think that the skater is just over the edge of sustainable balance, but your mileage may vary.”
“I was known as a skater who created a tremendous amount of pressure on the ice.”
“For his efforts, the versatile skater is USATODAY. com's U.S. Olympic Athlete of the Week.”
“NHL Central Scouting's fifth-ranked European skater is a double-edged sword.”
“Turning radius of a skater is shortened if the trucks are wide and the landing over the surface is also quite stable in that case.”
“Beloved by her peers as much for her perseverance on the ice as her gentle manner off it, Nikodinov is known as the skater who always came close but could never quite make it to greatness.”
“For a pairs figure skater, that is just part of your everyday life, where the slightest mistake can lead to disaster.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘skater’.
as a youth I, and some others, made a pen-and-paper RPG, based in contemporary crime and suspense fiction + nonfiction, set in America's blighted urban centers, anonymous slurbs, and godforsaken hi...
Clothing styles & subcultures...
Looking for tweets for skater.