from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that grates, as an implement with sharp-edged slits and perforations on which to grate foods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tool with which one grates, especially cheese, to facilitate getting small particles or shreds off a solid lump.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. One who, or that which, grates; especially, an instrument or utensil with a rough, indented surface, for rubbing off small particles of any substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which grates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. utensil with sharp perforations for shredding foods (as vegetables or cheese)
From grate + -er. (Wiktionary)