American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Sports One who fights with the fists as a sport.
- n. Boxer shorts.
- n. One that packs items in boxes.
- n. A medium-sized, short-haired dog of a breed developed in Germany, having a brownish coat and a short, square-jawed muzzle.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation is to pack or put up things in boxes.
- n. One who fights with his fists; a pugilist.
- n. [capitalized] A member of a Chinese association known as Yi Ho Ch'uan Hwuy, “The Righteousness, Harmony, and Fists Society,” organized in China in 1900 or earlier, ostensibly for the practice of athletics, but really as a league for the expulsion of foreigners and the uprooting of Christianity. Aided by the regular army, and egged on and led by officials and persons of the highest standing, the Boxers murdered large numbers of native Christians, missionaries, and other foreigners, destroyed much property, attacked the foreign legations in Peking, and besieged the British legation there for over two months, until the rising was suppressed by the military forces of the principal treaty powers.
- n. A bowler or low-crowned stiff felt hat; a billycock hat.
- n. A participant (fighter) in a boxing match.
- n. A breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dog with a square-jawed muzzle.
- n. A type of internal combustion engine in which cylinders are arranged in two banks on either side of a single crankshaft.
- n. The person running a game of two-up.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who packs boxes.
- n. One who boxes; a pugilist.
- n. A breed of dog.
- n. someone who fights with his fists for sport
- n. a member of a nationalistic Chinese secret society that led an unsuccessful rebellion in 1900 against foreign interests in China
- n. a breed of stocky medium-sized short-haired dog with a brindled coat and square-jawed muzzle developed in Germany
- n. a workman employed to pack things into containers
- to box + -er (Wiktionary)
- German, from English boxer1 (from its pugnacious nature). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“These engines are flat engines with the piston reciprocating horizontally as if they are boxing hence the term boxer engines.”
“The Commission on Elections says the boxer is ahead in the count in the southern province of Sarangani, where only about half of 300,000 registered voters cast ballots Monday due to a day-long downpour.”
“If the boxer is wearing her Citronella collar and the mix isn't, the mix will run up to the boxer, bark in her ear, and set off the boxer's collar.”
“The boxer is trying to join other Filipino celebrities and former athletes who have won seats in Congress the past two decades.”
“He wrote a short story called "Real Steel," in which a professional boxer is forced out of the sport when robots replace humans as competitors.”
“Yes, the uber fans will be particularly drawn to the early modeling shots of him in boxer shorts and black socks.”
“Yup, Jiang Daiyan was casted as young bruce lee, and they are looking to cast an adult bruce lee for IP Man 3. so bruce will be in the movie but as a kid ventricity of course the western boxer is the bad guy”
“A boxer is a dog that the girls would love and the President would feel proud to be pictured with a boxer. — erin”
“And lost again in May when he took on David Lammy; but that doesn't mean the former boxer is destined to confront disappointment.”
“The boxer is seeking to join other Filipino celebrities and former athletes who have won seats in the House of Representatives in the past two decades.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘boxer’.
Movies or TV shows where the titles are also common words, generally one-word titles.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
dog dogs and more dogs anything
I can think of ,canids and their
my favourite African wild dog
all have 42 teeth
yugoslavian trico..., yugoslavian mount..., yorkshire terrier, xoloitzcuintle, whippet, wetterhoun, westphalian basset, west highland whi..., welsh terrier, welsh springer sp..., welsh corgi, weimaraner and 121 more...
Looking for tweets for boxer.