from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who dances, performs (a) dance(s).
- n. A stripper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who dances or who practices dancing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who dances, or takes part in a dance; specifically, one who practises dancing as a profession, as on the stage.
- n. [capitalized] Eccles., one of a sect of enthusiasts who appeared in Europe on the lower Rhine in 1374, first at Aix-la-Chapelle, and indulged in wild dances in honor of St. John, but professed no definite tenets. The sect disappeared almost entirely within twenty-five years.
- n. plural Stairs.
- n. Same as dandy-roller.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who participates in a social gathering arranged for dancing (as a ball)
- n. a performer who dances professionally
to dance + -er. (Wiktionary)