from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man skilled in shooting at a target.
- n. A classification in the U.S. Army and Marine Corps for the lowest of three ratings of rifle proficiency.
- n. One who holds this rating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man skilled in shooting (a gun) at a target.
- n. goalscorer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One skillful to hit a mark with a missile; one who shoots well. especially with a pistol or rifle.
- n. One who makes his mark, instead of writing his name, in signing documents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is skilful in shooting with a gun or a bow; one who readily hits the mark; a good shooter.
- n. One who, not being able to write, makes his mark instead of signing his name.
- n. A soldier who makes 60 per cent. at target practice at ranges up to 600 yards.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone skilled in shooting
Sorry, no etymologies found.