from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soldier in the artillery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soldier enlisted in an artillery unit or who uses artillery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who manages, or assists in managing, a large gun in firing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who serves a piece of artillery or cannon; a soldier in the artillery corps.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a serviceman in the artillery
Sorry, no etymologies found.