from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Nautical A flat hardwood disk with a grooved perimeter, pierced by three holes through which the lanyards are passed, used to fasten the shrouds.
- n. Slang An expert shooter: a deadeye with the rifle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very accurate with shooting or throwing.
- adj. About a stare: cold; unfriendly.
- n. A wooden disk having holes through which the lanyard is passed, used for tightening shrouds.
- n. A very accurate marksman.
- n. A penchant for noticing a particular thing, or a person who has such a penchant.
Sorry, no etymologies found.