American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A tiny puncture made by or as if by a pin.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small hole made by the puncture or perforation of a pin; hence, any very small aperture.
- n. A minute perforation or transparency, as if made with the point of a pin, of which great numbers sometimes appear in the film of a photographic negative from some chemical defect or fault in manipulation.
- n. In archery, the exact center of the target. Hits in the gold are measured by their distance from the pinhole. Compare pin, n., 2 .
- n. a small puncture that might have been made by a pin
“The interesting thing about this system is it started off with what we call a pinhole eye -- very, very tiny eye, no more than four, five miles in diameter.”
“The hole the size of a pin, leads to the name pinhole photography and has been used by schools to show how photography works for years, but also be enthusiasts who like the style of pictures this form of photography creates.”
“He has an infectious way of sharing his interests in pinhole photography, weird Asian kiddie toys, kitschy ’70s music, and other stuff.”
“They might also have what's called a pinhole camera mounted over your shoulder -- say, in a plastic holder for brochures or a false panel -- that records your fingers tapping in your PIN.”
“I have always made hard-boiled eggs this way without the pinhole and they never peeled very well, so I guess the pinhole was the "trick" for me.”
“Now let's call pinhole model as camera coordinates system.”
“The pinhole is the hole that lets the light through.”
“Now lets call pinhole model as camera coordinates system.”
“This week, it's instructions for building a simple device that will let you spot hidden "pinhole" video cameras:”
“It looks like the center's a bit lighter than the edges, almost like a vignette or some kind of pinhole effect.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pinhole’.
Listed various words that have come into my mind. Will edit them at some point - honestly.
dog-gold, shoulderlooker, mr. considering, the pigwoman, stevie is waiting, chingwybodganpwy, thelandscapeisstu..., couchsurfing, cappuccinodrinking, meat-eater, posher, mae rhaid i fi fynd and 581 more...
Looking for tweets for pinhole.