American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or being a wide-angle photographic lens that covers an angle of about 180°, producing a circular image with exaggerated foreshortening in the center and increasing distortion toward the periphery.
- adj. Slang A suspicious, unfriendly glance or look.
- n. An unfriendly or suspicious glance.
- n. An undesirable effect in paint, particularly automotive finishes, normally caused by oil or other contaminants on the painted surface.
- adj. photography, of a lens Covering an extremely wide angle and producing a circular image that is distorted towards the edges.
- adj. of or relating to a fisheye lens
- fish + eye (Wiktionary)
“Keep in mind, too, that a wide angle lens - and the fisheye is the epitome of a wide angle lens - normally has a really large DoF, so most of the time if you're just snapshooting at things farther than, say, 5 feet away, you don't have much to worry about.”
“(Raynox 0. 66x, or a Raynox 0. 3x fisheye) The 0. 66x gives a bit wider view then the normal lens on the camera, but the 0. 3x fisheye gives a full view of the rooms and seems more pleasing as it shows how big everything is, but then you can notice the fisheye is a bit distorted and I'm not sure if realtors would like/not like that so I'm not sure which one to get.”
“I especially liked the "fisheye" lens filter and the way the "Plastic" filter brought out orange and blue tones.”
“No "fisheye" tag, so the trees really are bent around the center of this glade.”
“The "round" kind of fisheye lenses are silly in my opinion, since they waste much of the frame on nothing but black space.”
“Therefore, a simple and effective way to light shelves is to install an adjustable, or "fisheye," recessed light in the ceiling about”
“In a way, Mac started it all with its "fisheye" display of icons in the task tray at the bottom of the screen.”
“The Peephole Viewer compensates for low lighting and "fisheye" distortion, and is suitable for people of all heights.”
“Many ATMs now have "fisheye" mirrors mounted above the keyboard to enable you to view the entire surrounding area while conducting business.”
“Maybe a fisheye lens can be placed over it for walking! mados123 silver-bolt”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fisheye’.
List of words (or phrases) containing eye-, -eye-, or -eye. Beginning with red-eye and eyebright.
I've since begun adding other more oblique terms that lack the string -eye-, but that...
Words containing "she" but excluding words beginning with "she"
Looking for tweets for fisheye.