from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that vaporizes, especially a device used to vaporize medicine for inhalation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device with a heating element, used to vaporize a liquid.
- n. A device with a heating element, used to vaporize a liquid solution with medicine. The produced vapor condensates into fine aerosols, forming a mist inside the device, to be inhaled by the patient for delivery of the medicine into the lungs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, vaporizes, or converts into vapor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Specifically, a carbureter, or device by which liquid hydrocarbon, moving rapidly in a fine state of division in a current of air, becomes an explosive mixture with the air, or makes an air-gas mixed with the necessary air for combustion.
- n. One who or that which vaporizes or convertsinto vapor; a form of atomizer. Also spelled vaporiser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that puts out a substance in the form of a vapor (especially for medicinal inhalation)
Sorry, no etymologies found.