from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The light from a fire, as in a fireplace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The light of a fire, such as from a campfire or fireplace.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the light of a fire (especially in a fireplace).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The light emitted by a fire, especially an open fire of any kind.
- n. Same as fire-lighter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the light of a fire (especially in a fireplace)
From fire + light (Wiktionary)