from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The light reflected from the surface of the moon.
- intransitive v. Informal To work at another job, often at night, in addition to one's full-time job.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To engage in an activity other than what one is known for.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The light of the moon.
- intransitive v. to work at a second job in addition to one's main occupation; -- often done at night.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The light afforded by the moon; sunlight reflected from the surface of the moon.
- Pertaining to moonlight; illuminated by the moon; occurring during or by moonlight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. work a second job, usually after hours
- n. the light of the Moon
As a surname Monelight in 1337, as Mone lith about 1300. Compound of mone "moon" + lith "light". (Wiktionary)