from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who works or lives in the woods or is versed in woodcraft; a forester.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man who lives and works in woodland; a forester or woodman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woodman; especially, one who lives in the forest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who dwells in or frequents the woods, as a wood-cutter, sportsman, hunter, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who lives in the woods
- n. makes things out of wood
Sorry, no etymologies found.