from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who draws plans or designs, as of structures to be built.
- n. A man who draws, especially an artist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of draughtsman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See draughtsman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who draws or prepares plans, sketches, or designs; one skilled in drawing.
- n. One who draws up a written instrument; one skilled in the preparation of pleadings and conveyances.
- n. One who drinks drams; a tippler.
- n. A piece or “man” used in the game of checkers or draughts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an artist skilled at drawing
- n. a skilled worker who draws plans of buildings or machines
Sorry, no etymologies found.