American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A man who draws plans or designs, as of structures to be built.
- n. A man who draws, especially an artist.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who draws or prepares plans, sketches, or designs; one skilled in drawing.
- n. One who draws up a written instrument; one skilled in the preparation of pleadings and conveyances.
- n. One who drinks drams; a tippler.
- n. A piece or “man” used in the game of checkers or draughts.
- n. US Alternative form of draughtsman.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See draughtsman.
- n. an artist skilled at drawing
- n. a skilled worker who draws plans of buildings or machines
“Uncle Amado walks to Lundeen and Hillfinger, the architectural firm where he works as a mere draftsman, which is near the domed courthouse that squats right in the middle of downtown.”
“None of the documents referred to their draftsman.”
“Hamilton Burger called a draftsman who produced plans of the Kent residence.”
“Then gaining some insight into the manner in which the deed had been drawn, he would conclude that the draftsman was a specialist who had had long practice in this particular kind of work, but who now worked almost as it might be said automatically and without consciousness, and found it difficult to depart from a habitual method of procedure.”
“Galileo the draftsman was a master of the Renaissance visual arts innovation of perspective, said art history professor Robert Williams.”
“I have to agree with eric here, 'draftsman' and 'illustrator' fit the bill to me although I can see where draftsman is too gender specific.”
“His early paintings showed the influence of surrealism and the sharp line of a natural draftsman.”
“Hamburg Art "Marc Brandenburg: Drawings"showcases 60 punk and pop culture-influenced works drawn from distorted photographs by the Berlin-based draftsman.”
“Kieran Groarke , a 32-year-old draftsman from County Cork, left Ireland in February 2009 just a couple of months after being made redundant by a company he worked for five years.”
“But his process and his ineptitude as a draftsman overwhelm his weighty subject matter.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘draftsman’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Problematic and recommended terms according to the EP's guide on gender neutral language use
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
These politically incorrect words for people contain the element 'man', 'son', or 'boy'.
Everything that contains a man in it
Looking for tweets for draftsman.