from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woodsman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who lives in the wood and manages it; a woodsman
- n. someone who makes things from wood
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A forest officer appointed to take care of the king's woods; a forester.
- n. A sportsman; a hunter.
- n. One who cuts down trees; a woodcutter.
- n. One who dwells in the woods or forest; a bushman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An officer appointed to take care of the king's woods; a forester.
- n. A woodsman; a hunter.
- n. One who fells timber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. makes things out of wood
- n. someone who lives in the woods
Sorry, no etymologies found.