from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See San.
- n. Australian One who lives or travels in the wilderness, especially in the outback.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a distinct ethnic group of nomadic people from southwest Africa.
- n. Any of the related Khoisan languages spoken by the San/Bushman peoples.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woodsman; a settler in the bush.
- n. One of a race of South African nomads, living principally in the deserts, and not classified as allied in race or language to any other people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woodsman; a settler in a new country, as in Australia.
- n. [capitalized] One of an aboriginal tribe near the Cape of Good Hope, similar but inferior to the Hottentots: so named by the Dutch of South Africa. Also called Bosjesman.
- n. A settler in the bush of Australia, as distinguished from one who dwells in a town or city; specifically, one who is acquainted with the bush and its ways.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dweller in the Australian bush country
- n. a member of the race of nomadic hunters and gatherers who live in southern Africa
On the Trail of the Bushman is another book in the Junior Canadian Ranger series.
His other friend I called Bushman because he likes hairy women armpit hair, leg hair, pubic hair, wanted to be called "Curtilingus".
These secular conditions, Bushman suggests, can be understood in two ways: for nonbelievers they help to explain Mormonism's "origins," a word Bushman eschews for the more neutral "beginnings"; for Mormons they can be studied as divinely contrived preparations for the dawning of a new era.
Don’t worry boyz, the Bushman is gonna tell us tonight that he’s got it all figured out and if ya don’t support his plan the ‘tard is gonna tell ya alot of scary stuff is gonna happen … like yer 401k gettin’ wiped out …
For years, a character known as The Bushman has sat on Fishermen's 'Wharf in San Francisco and scared people for their spare change.
Hundreds of members of Battalion 31, known as the Bushman
One of the most interesting facts about the Bushman is his possession of a remarkable delight in graphic illustration; the rocks of the mountains of Cape Colony and of the
Like the Hottentot, the Bushman is a great smoker.
Similarly, from 'A Bushman is a man 'it does not follow that 'A tall Bushman is a tall man,' but only that 'A tall Bushman is a man who is tall for a
④ Bunolagus monticularis: The Riverine Rabbit, also known as the Bushman Rabbit or Bushman Hare, is one of the rarest and most endangered mammals in the world, with probably no more than 200 individuals left.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.