from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who executes, especially one who puts a condemned person to death.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An official person who carries out the capital punishment of a criminal.
- n. executor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who executes; an executer.
- n. One who puts to death in conformity to legal warrant, as a hangman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who executes or carries into effect; especially, one who carries into effect a death sentence of a court or tribunal; a functionary who inflicts capital punishment in pursuance of a legal warrant; a headsman or hangman.
- n. That by means of which anything is performed; an instrument or implement used in producing a desired effect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official who inflicts capital punishment in pursuit of a warrant
execution + -er. (Wiktionary)