from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that weaves: a weaver of fine rugs.
- n. A weaverbird.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who weaves.
- n. Any bird in the family Ploceidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who weaves, or whose occupation is to weave.
- n. A weaver bird.
- n. An aquatic beetle of the genus Gyrinus. See Whirling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who weaves; one whose occupation is weaving.
- n. In ornithology, a weaver-bird.
- n. In entomology:
- n. A gyrinid beetle; a whirligig: so called from its intricate circlings and gyrations on the surface of the water. See whirligig, 4, and cut under Gyrinidæ.
- n. A spinning-spider; a true araneid which weaves a web.
- n. In ichthyology, same as weever.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. finch-like African and Asian colonial birds noted for their elaborately woven nests
- n. a craftsman who weaves cloth
weave + -er. (Wiktionary)