from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that bakes bread, cakes, or pastries, especially commercially.
- n. One that bakes, especially a portable oven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who bakes and sells bread, cakes and similar items.
- n. A portable oven for baking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose business it is to bake bread, biscuit, etc.
- n. A portable oven in which baking is done.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who bakes; specifically, one whose business it is to make bread, biscuit, etc.
- n. A small portable tin oven used in baking. [U. S.]
- n. The popular name of the flesh-fly, Sarcophaga carnaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who bakes commercially
- n. someone who bakes bread or cake
bake + -er, cognate with Dutch bakker. (Wiktionary)