from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes or sells confections.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A manufacturer of or dealer in confections.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A compounder.
- n. One whose occupation it is to make or sell confections, candies, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who compounds preparations, as drugs.
- n. One who makes confectionery or confections; specifically, one who makes or sells candies, candied fruits, bonbons, caramels, comfits, or other articles prepared with sugar, as cake, ice-cream, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes candies and other sweets
Sorry, no etymologies found.