from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A material added in small amounts during a chemical or metallurgical process to absorb impurities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who gets.
- n. A function used to retrieve the value of some property of an object, contrasted with the setter.
- n. A material which is included in a vacuum system or device for removing gas by sorption.
- v. To remove gas by sorption.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who gets, gains, obtains, acquires, begets, or procreates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who gets, gains, obtains, or acquires.
- n. One who begets or procreates.
- n. One employed in digging, or in getting out by digging: as, a coal-getter.
Sorry, no etymologies found.