from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One whose occupation is the manufacture, selling, or repair of hats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes, sells, or repairs hats.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To tire or worry; -- with out.
- n. One who makes or sells hats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A maker or seller of hats.
- n. In mining, a miner who works alone, or “under his own hat.”
- n. Violently angry.
- To gather in a heap; collect in a crowd.
- To entangle.
- To expose to danger; harass; trouble; weary; wear out.
- To shatter; batter.
- To speak with thick and confused utterance.
- n. A state of confusion.
- n. A confused heap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes and sells hats
From hat + -er. (Wiktionary)