from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. blather
- v. To blather
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To prate; to babble; to rail; to make a senseless noise; to patter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give forth or produce a quick succession of slight sounds; patter: as, “the rain blattered,”
- To speak or prate volubly; rail or rage.
- n. A rattling or clattering noise (as of boards falling).
- n. A volley of clattering words.
Sorry, no etymologies found.