from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes, repairs, or sells knives or other cutting instruments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One whose business is making or dealing in cutlery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes or deals in cutlery, or knives and other cutting instruments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation is the making of knives and other cutting instruments.
- n. . One who sharpens or repairs cutlery; a knife-grinder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dealer in cutlery
Middle English cuteler, from Old French coutelier, from coutel, knife; see cutlass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old French coutelier ("knife-maker"). (Wiktionary)