American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who makes, repairs, or sells knives or other cutting instruments.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation is the making of knives and other cutting instruments.
- n. . One who sharpens or repairs cutlery; a knife-grinder.
- n. One whose business is making or dealing in cutlery.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who makes or deals in cutlery, or knives and other cutting instruments.
- n. a dealer in cutlery
- From Old French coutelier ("knife-maker"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English cuteler, from Old French coutelier, from coutel, knife; see cutlass. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“-- Will you allow me to state, for the information of T.S. LAWRENCE, who inquires who S.a_lingen, the sword cutler, was, -- that S.o_lingen is the name of a small town near”
“_ -- Will any kind friend inform me where any history is to be found of "Andrea Ferrara," the sword cutler?”
“By your knock, my lord," Biberli interrupted, we really thought the sword cutler had come with hammer and anvil.”
“Eber, the sword cutler, lived there and, spite of the large sum he owed him, Seitz wished to talk with him about the sharp weapons he needed for the joust.”
“Tibble Steelman would think nought of a beggarly stranger calling himself a sword cutler, and practising the craft without prenticeship or license," said Stephen, swelling with indignation.”
“The man, in whose hands it was first seen, continued Granvelle, was a sword cutler, a godson of the Count.”
“The relation of all this to War itself was very much the same as the relation of the art of the sword cutler to the art of using the sword.”
“Well well if it isn't Dale Hunter aka cutler jock strap sniffer lol that was lame ..”
“Weird. nuggets410 wrote: Well well if it isn't Dale Hunter aka cutler jock strap sniffer lol that was lame ..”
“Chicago - 22, even with all the picks, no running game, and one of the worst D's in the game. mrbanks wrote: don't forget the new math here for you "cutler" fans.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cutler’.
Hey kids! What do YOU want to be when you grow up?!
Reprint edition, Devon: Latimer Trend & Co., Ltd., 1969. Full original citation (you'd better grab a drink and sit down) is:
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Looking for tweets for cutler.