from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Eurasian falcon (Falco cherrug) having brown plumage and often trained for falconry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A falcon (Falco cherrug) native of Southern Europe and Asia.
- n. A medium cannon slightly smaller than a culverin developed during the early 17th century.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A falcon (Falco sacer) native of Southern Europe and Asia, closely resembling the lanner.
- n. The peregrine falcon.
- n. A small piece of artillery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See sacre.
- n. A kind of hawk used in falconry, especially the female, which is larger than the male, the latter being called a sakeret or sacret.
- n. A small piece of artillery, smaller than the demiculverin, formerly much employed in sieges.
Hvis vi sier noe imot innvandring, kan vi bli anklaget på grunn av rasisme-og politiet har alltid en grunn til å undersøke eller gripe inn i saker …
Eclipse saker från Little Brown | TWILIGHT SAGA – Allt du behöver veta inom Twilight fenomenet.
He is happy for our visit, and brings out one of his prize saker falcons on a leather cuff on his left wrist.
The huge ball, bigger than a man's head, had smashed full into the group clustered about the saker, and now they lay on the torn ground, their skulls blasted by the impact, or their bodies mangled by the flying iron splinters from their shattered gun.
The saker falcon in the hallway looks like a sculpture.
NRK trekker fram, først og fremst på nettsiden, andre problematiske saker som alle på ett eller annet vis har blitt tillagt spillavhengighet, mens de ikke trekker fram saker som sier noe annet.
Rare birds include saker falcon (Falco cherrug), Barbary falcon (Falco pelegrinoides), and short-toed eagle (Circaetus gallicus).
Practised archer! — marry, holy sir, I would he would practise something else — cross-bow and long-bow, hand-gun and hack-but, falconet and saker, he can shoot with them all.
Nor can I compare thee and me but with the saker and the birds.
There was once a saker who was a cruel tyrant — And
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.