American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A fish, such as the lake trout, that lives in a lake.
- n. A ship used on lakes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the Lake School of poetry: generally used contemptuously. Also Lakist.
- n. A fish of or taken from a lake; specifically, the lake-trout of North America, Salvelinus (Cristivomer) namaycush. See lake-trout, 2.
- n. A player; an actor.
- n. On the Erie Canal, a large canal-boat, one that could be towed on the Great Lakes with safety.
- n. A log-driver whose work is chiefly on lakes.
- n. A player; an actor.
- n. nautical, North America A ship used on the Great Lakes.
- n. A wharfman who resides near a lake.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One of the poets of the Lake school. See Lake poets, under lake, n.
- n. (Zoöl.) A fish living in, or taken from, a lake, esp. the namaycush.
- n. A lake steamer or canal boat.
- From Middle English *lakere, *leikere, from laken, leiken ("to play, sport"), equivalent to lake (“play, sport”) + -er. More at lake. (Wiktionary)
“Orion: That was indeed a Champlain laker that came from down around Kingsland Bay.”
“Supporters note that the new lock, which enjoys bipartisan support, would be built to serve the "laker" fleet.”
“Years in the making, the proposal is coming to a head as Great Lakes legislators, including Minnesota's Jim Oberstar, work furiously behind the scenes to temporarily exempt many of the inland "laker" vessels that transport the region's grains and ore.”
“This nice laker just would not stop moving for the pic.”
“Yes | No | Report from bigjake wrote 16 weeks 6 hours ago not real close to ya but Quebec, Canada has world class brook trout, lake trout, splake (brookie/laker hybrid) and artic char fishing.”
“All Answers from bigjake wrote 16 weeks 6 hours ago not real close to ya but Quebec, Canada has world class brook trout, lake trout, splake (brookie/laker hybrid) and artic char fishing.”
“I like to troll/drift fish with live bait, trout, salmon, lakers. this year I have caught more salmon on nightcrawlers, even a 6 pound laker on a crawler!”
“Lake trout, trolling just outside of Rockport (Alpena MI) longlining with cowbells and green/yellow peanuts! what fun with the bro! even better was the fried laker for lunch!”
“Can anyone give me some tips on catching very large ones? love laker and salmon fishing, never went walleye fishn, ithink i may have located an area that hold some very large ones. .thanks abundle. .hope to have some pics real soon!!”
“As the story goes, Osterholm told a client he could catch a laker on anything, so he was handed the Batman and asked to produce.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘laker’.
lots and lots of fish, a piscatorial
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
WWWWWWEEEEEEEEE love words
Looking for tweets for laker.