from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who fishes as an occupation or for sport.
- n. A commercial fishing vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who attempts to catch fish.
- n. A person whose profession is catching fish.
- n. A boat used for commercial fishing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose occupation is to catch fish.
- n. A ship or vessel employed in the business of taking fish, as in the cod fishery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation or sport is the catching of fish; one who catches fish, whether for profit or for pleasure; a man skilled in catching fish.
- n. A vessel employed in fishing.
- n. The fishing-duck or fish-duck; a merganser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose occupation is catching fish
June 26th, 2006 at 12: 47 pm they actually have a bad ass grimm reaper on there for 1000 …. oh and the fisherman is awesome as well
For some the life of a fisherman is a necessity; for others a necessary challenge.
What makes a good fly fisherman is being able to read patterns and follow them.
On the blue-gray waters of Lake Edward, where the eastern fringe of Congo blends into Uganda, Byanmongo Matabishi, a fisherman from the Congolese village of Vitshumbi, stands on a pirogue and shakes his head.
"And now this fisherman is come to Jerusalem, the place is packed with pilgrims ripe for any trouble, and Hanan stirs and stirs the broth."
My guess is if this had been about spin fisherman it would have never made the Wall Street Journal.
Ask DeeterNot really sure what a wannabe fly fisherman is ...
I bet they think its that Power bait Crap some spin fisherman was casting in there, and it makes sence as I think some of that stuff floats, so ... yea.
The looks I get from spin fisherman when I catch more fish than they do
If this turns into criticism about the lack of introspection in fisherman then I don't want to hear it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.