American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who fishes as an occupation or for sport.
- n. A commercial fishing vessel.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation or sport is the catching of fish; one who catches fish, whether for profit or for pleasure; a man skilled in catching fish.
- n. A vessel employed in fishing.
- n. The fishing-duck or fish-duck; a merganser.
- n. A person who attempts to catch fish.
- n. A person whose profession is catching fish.
- n. A boat used for commercial fishing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One whose occupation is to catch fish.
- n. (Naut.) A ship or vessel employed in the business of taking fish, as in the cod fishery.
- n. someone whose occupation is catching fish
- fisher + -man (Wiktionary)
“June 26th, 2006 at 12: 47 pm they actually have a bad ass grimm reaper on there for 1000 …. oh and the fisherman is awesome as well”
“For some the life of a fisherman is a necessity; for others a necessary challenge.”
“What makes a good fly fisherman is being able to read patterns and follow them.”
“On the blue-gray waters of Lake Edward, where the eastern fringe of Congo blends into Uganda, Byanmongo Matabishi, a fisherman from the Congolese village of Vitshumbi, stands on a pirogue and shakes his head.”
“And now this fisherman is come to Jerusalem, the place is packed with pilgrims ripe for any trouble, and Hanan stirs and stirs the broth.”
“My guess is if this had been about spin fisherman it would have never made the Wall Street Journal.”
“Ask DeeterNot really sure what a wannabe fly fisherman is ...”
“I bet they think its that Power bait Crap some spin fisherman was casting in there, and it makes sence as I think some of that stuff floats, so ... yea.”
“The looks I get from spin fisherman when I catch more fish than they do”
“If this turns into criticism about the lack of introspection in fisherman then I don't want to hear it.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fisherman’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Problematic and recommended terms according to the EP's guide on gender neutral language use
words that follow this pattern: Pay attention to the projective aspects of these words!
These politically incorrect words for people contain the element 'man', 'son', or 'boy'.
Everything that contains a man in it
Everything hats,things with hoods,hoods,scarves,crowns,useful
adjectival forms,hat expressions,
Very basic words for ESL students.
For more flower fun, see these lists:
Rose words by mollusque
Rose varieties by mollusque
Tulip Names I
Tulip Names II: You Know My Name
A Myriad of Irii
words with alot of one particular vowel or a series of "ordered" vowels
Looking for tweets for fisherman.