from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who fishes as an occupation or for sport.
- n. A commercial fishing vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who attempts to catch fish.
- n. A person whose profession is catching fish.
- n. A boat used for commercial fishing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose occupation is to catch fish.
- n. A ship or vessel employed in the business of taking fish, as in the cod fishery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation or sport is the catching of fish; one who catches fish, whether for profit or for pleasure; a man skilled in catching fish.
- n. A vessel employed in fishing.
- n. The fishing-duck or fish-duck; a merganser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose occupation is catching fish
fisher + -man (Wiktionary)