from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the four major blood groups in the ABO system. Individuals with this blood group have both A and B antigens on the surface of their red blood cells, and no antibodies for A and B in their blood serum.
- abbr. airman basic
- abbr. Alberta
- abbr. Latin Artium Baccalaureus (Bachelor of Arts)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. Alberta, a province of Canada.
- Able seaman; able-bodied seaman
- aid to blind
- airman basic
- artium baccalaureus
- at bat
- n. A blood type of the ABO system that has a both blood antigens and may receive all blood types, and donate to AB.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Suppose them to be confronted with the problem of proving the entire equality, by the Euclidean method, of the triangles ABC and abc (Fig. 4), when it is granted that the side AB is equal to the side ab, AC is equal to ac, and the angle CAB is equal to the angle cab.
The integrated dictionary is a text file listing common character combinations, such as a, ab, 123, 4, AB, etc.
The distance between _ab_ is equal to AB, or the width of the crossing.]
My European company, Orbital Satellite Services AB is already constructing a quite capable Hall thruster powered tug that is based upon the SMART-1 bus.
I can, however tell you that AB is absolutely freaking awesome!!
AB is right, everybody is on pins and needles, especially Acorn.
Type AB is supposed to be the best type, so is it modesty preventing a lot of people admitting a strong relationship?
And no matter how you feel about their beer, AB is a great corporate partner for the city.
I heard about this in AB IRC awhile back from Owen of Cruel Angels.
If you have an IC system AB, AB is not evolvable by RM&NS.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.