from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that drifts, especially a person who moves aimlessly from place to place or from job to job.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who moves from place to place or job to job.
- n. A type of lightweight sail used in light winds like a spinnaker.
- n. A driver that uses driving techniques to modify vehicle traction to cause a vehicle to slide or power slide rather than drive in line with the tires.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which drifts; specifically, a cask, buoy, float, or other light object, properly labeled and tagged, and allowed to drift freely in the ocean to determine ocean-currents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support
drift + -er (Wiktionary)