from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who roams or roves about, as in search of amusement or social activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who restlessly moves from place to place seeking amusement or the companionship of others
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gadder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who gads or walks idly about, especially from motives of curiosity or gossip.
- Gadding; rambling.
- n. A light square box-wagon, a substitute for the democrat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a restless seeker after amusement or social companionship
Sorry, no etymologies found.