from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology One who sailed with Jason on the Argo in search of the Golden Fleece.
- n. A person who is engaged in a dangerous but rewarding quest; an adventurer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of the members of the Argo who sailed with Jason in search of the Golden Fleece.
- proper n. Any of several ships and submarines of the British and US navies.
- proper n. Team name for the Toronto, Ontario franchise of the Canadian Football League (CFL)
The company was formerly known as Argonaut Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and changed its name to RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation in November 2006.
Formerly known as the Argonaut Building, it is located immediately behind the old General Motors Headquarters on Grand Boulevard.
She was called the Argonaut, and they rowed right under the bowsprit, where the figure-head of the Argonaut, with a sheep-skin in his hand and a blue gown on, was looking out to sea; and sitting staring on his forehead was the rat who could speak, and his exact words were these.
She was called the Argonaut, and they rowed right under the bowsprit where the figure-head of the Argonaut, with a sheepskin in his hand and a blue gown on, was looking out to sea; and sitting staring on his forehead was the rat who could speak, and his exact words were these: 'Chips ahoy!
- Support Argonaut, which is working on recovery following episodes of fire and looting.
Their flag ship is called The Argonaut where Dhianeila is in command.
Cape the U.S. ship "Argonaut," whose owners now prosecuted them for
Kemp took up the "Argonaut" that lay folded on the table.
"Argonaut" to behold the midnight sun should pass a summer or two in
The Californian who himself was an "Argonaut," or whose father was an Argonaut, found no attractions in the steady labor of farming.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.