from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A weight division in professional boxing having an upper limit of 112 pounds (50.4 kilograms), between junior flyweight and junior bantamweight.
- n. A boxer competing in this weight division.
- n. A similar weight division in other sports, such as weightlifting.
- n. A contestant in this weight division.
- n. Something that is particularly small, light, or inconsequential.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a weight that moves outward depending on centrifugal force.
- n. a weight division of professional boxing between junior flyweight and junior bantamweight; a boxer in this division
- n. a similar division and contestant in wrestling
- n. small, light or unimportant
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. weighs no more than 115 pounds
- n. an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 112 pounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.