American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who is skilled in feats of balance and agility in gymnastics.
- n. One who changes one's viewpoint on short notice in response to the circumstances.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ropedancer; also, one who practises high vaulting, tumbling, or other feats of personal agility.
- n. A species of the genus Acrobates.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who practices rope dancing, high vaulting, or other daring gymnastic feats.
- n. an athlete who performs acts requiring skill and agility and coordination
- From French acrobate, from Ancient Greek ἀκροβάτης (akrobatēs, "walking on tiptoe, climbing aloft"), from ἀκροβατέω (akrobateō, "I walk on tiptoe"), from ἄκρον (akron, "highest or farthest point, mountain top, peak") + βαίνω (bainō, "I walk, step"). (Wiktionary)
- French acrobate, from Greek akrobatēs : akros, high; see acro- + bainein, bat-, to walk. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Photographs by Pascal Chevallier Aldo Mondino's "Ou" depicts an African acrobat from the 1980s.”
“This area of China is known for providing many schools in acrobat training.”
“The picture of your little acrobat is beyond adorable! jen Said,”
“Alex Merinov - Ninja acrobat from the Moscow Circus”
“Interesting word acrobat, indeed, but certainly easier to appreciate for native speakers.”
“Adobe After Effects CS4 | Software Planetadobe acrobat sampling pdf data call acrobat adobe central. reinstall adobe creative suite adobe acrobat training dfw. adobe acrobat 8.0 trial adobe acrobat 6 trial download”
“Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection | Software Planetadobe acrobat distiller 4.0 free download free download adobe acrobat professional 7.0. page tab disappeared adobe acrobat download adobe acrobat reader 40. adobe acrobat reader 7.0 problems call acrobat adobe central”
“It's a familiar and rather well-worn mechanic, but the sepia-toned graphical overlay is a stylish touch and the extravagant rag doll physics sends your victim rocketing through the air like a crazed acrobat, which is fun to behold and suitably reminiscent of a Peckinpah bloodbath.”
“Guest affirms that the poet is a tight-rope walker, or "acrobat", in a "balancing act between reality and the imaginative force at work within a poem.”
“Reader comment: Simon says: The compatibility problems are mainly with mac users not using acrobat. all macs running OS X come standard with apple's own 'acrobat' called 'preview'.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘acrobat’.
as a youth I, and some others, made a pen-and-paper RPG, based in contemporary crime and suspense fiction + nonfiction, set in America's blighted urban centers, anonymous slurbs, and godforsaken hi...
vesper bat, vampire bat, fruit bat, baseball bat, Roy Batty, Townsend's big-ea..., Kitti's Hog-nosed..., giant golden-crow..., pipistrelle bat, Birdlike Noctule, stellaluna, Allen's Big-eared... and 174 more...
Key words of the Odyssey by Homer in English including all those famous repeating epitethons like
Words used to create the names of Pokémon, which are usually portmanteaux.
Taisha GRE Bible
Terms from the Standard Cipher Code of the American Railway Association, 1906. The terms were shorthand for common phrases used in telegraphic communications between station agents and Railway Asso...
Looking for tweets for acrobat.