from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An acrobat who performs in the air, as on a trapeze or tightrope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An acrobat performing high off the ground, defying a fall to earth, as on a trapeze or a tightrope.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an athlete who performs acts high above the ground on a trapeze or high wire, requiring skill and agility and coordination.
- n. a burglar who gains entrance to buildings from the rooftop, sometimes leaping from building to building in the process. A type of second-story man.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An aërial navigator; one skilled in aëronautics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acrobat who performs in the air (as on a rope or trapeze)
Sorry, no etymologies found.