from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who is in charge of the performances in a circus ring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person who manages the performers in a circus ring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One in charge of the performances (as of horses) within the ring in a circus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has charge of the performances in a circus-ring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person in charge of performances in a circus ring
Sorry, no etymologies found.