from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A powerful, influential political figure who exercises leadership and control by force.
- n. One who performs feats of strength, as at a circus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A performer who demonstrates feats of strength.
- n. A man who competes in contests of physical strength.
- n. A forceful or brutal person, usually applied to a ruler or tyrant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who performs feats of strength at a fair or circus
- n. a powerful political figure who rules by the exercise of force or violence
Sorry, no etymologies found.