from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of mixing.
- n. The result of mixing; a mixture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or state of being mixed together; a union or mingling of constituents.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of mixing; the state of being mingled; the blending of ingredients in one mass or compound.
- n. The mass formed by mingling different things; a compound; a mixture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of mixing; the state of being mingled; the blending or joining of ingredients in one mass or compound; mingling; incorporation.
- n. The mass formed by mixing or blending different things; a composition; a compound.
- n. Eccles., in both the Greek and the Western Church since early times, the rite of putting a particle of the consecrated bread or host into the chalice, an act emblematic of the reunion of body and soul at the resurrection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of mixing together
From con- + mixture. (Wiktionary)