from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Marriage between people belonging to different groups, such as different racial, ethnic, or religious groups; mixed marriage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Connection by marriage; reciprocal marriage; giving and taking in marriage, as between two families, tribes, races, castes, or nations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Marriage contracted between members of two families, classes, tribes, or races; connection or relation by virtue of such marriage: as, the estates of the families were united by intermarriage.
- n. Consanguineous marriage; marriage between persons nearly related by blood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. marriage within one's own tribe or group as required by custom or law
- n. marriage to a person belonging to a tribe or group other than your own as required by custom or law
inter- + marriage (Wiktionary)